We would like to let you know that EuroCOW 2016 Workshop will be held from February 10th to February 12th, 2016 at the EPFL campus, Lausanne, Switzerland (reachable in 1h from Geneva International Airport by public transportation). This long tradition meeting is organized on behalf of ISPRS and EuroSDR.
This biennial event intends to bring together the world experts, both from public and private sectors, to present and discuss the recent findings and developments on navigation/optical sensor Calibration and Orientation. With the recent development of autonomous platforms this traditional field of photogrammetry and geodesy integrates with robotics, computer vision and system control.
The organizers are setting the conditions for a practical, informative and informal three-day meeting in a relaxed atmosphere, and expect to attract real experts with hands-on experience in the field. The presented contributions will be published in ISPRS archives.
For EuroCOW 2016 the following topics are invited:
- Progress in INS, GNSS, timing technology and algorithms.
- Progress in tie-feature extraction
- Update on large- and medium-format airborne cameras
- LiDAR sensors for aerial (manned and unmanned) and terrestrial-mobile systems
- General orientation and calibration algorithms and procedures
- Orientation and calibration of terrestrial mobile mapping systems and sensors.
- Orientation and calibration of UAV-borne systems
- Safe navigation of low-altitude flying unmanned aircraft: integrity and reliability
- Small and miniature UAS photogrammetric and remote sensing payloads
- Inverse-imaging methods
- Integrated methods
- Calibration and synchronization of mass-market cameras
- Tailored mapping sensors for UA photogrammetry and remote sensing payloads
- Calibration of lightweight LiDAR and hyper-spectral sensors.