Use of algorithms on big DEM’s - Better utilization of national detailed elevation models
The workshop will be arranged as a noon to noon meeting on April 4th and 5th at the County Governor's office in Tønsberg, Norway.
The workshop program will concentrate on two main areas:
New sensors and technology
Big data analysis
Single photon LiDAR
Automatic or semi-automatic processes on feature extraction from point clouds
Detection of water bodies from Dense Image Matching (DIM)
Automatic river network extraction from LiDAR data
Hydro flattening, water body detection from LiDAR
Detection of power lines and obstacles from LiDAR
- Juha Hyyppä, Finnish Land Survey (Finland)
- Adam Andrzejewski, Gugik (Poland)
- Julián Hernández Delgado and Jesús María Garrido Sáenz de Tejada, IGN (Spain)
- Christian Malmquist, Håkon Dåsnes and Jon Arne Trollvik, Norwegian Mapping Authority (Norway)
Please register via the registration form. The event is free of charge, but the number of participants are limited to 40. So – don’t wait!
The workshop will take place on April 4th and 5th from noon to noon. We will organize a common dinner on the evening the 4th somewhere in Tønsberg.
The workshop will be hosted by the Norwegian Mapping Authority, at the premises of the County Governor in Vestfold.
Address: Anton Jenssens gate 4, Tønsberg.
How to reach Tønsberg
- From Oslo Airport (OSL). Regional trains departs 13 minutes past every hour in direction Tønsberg. The train takes 1h45 to Tønsberg. A number of hotels are located in walking distance from the station.
- From Sandfjord Airport Torp (TRF): Train 9 minutes to every hour in direction Tønsberg/Oslo (free shuttle bus leaves airport about 10 minutes before train departure). For more information: https://www.nsb.no/en/.
Taxi from Sandefjord airport Torp to city centre Tønsberg: About NOK 850 (€90).
Hotels in Tønsberg
How to reach Anton Jenssens gate 4
The workshop venue is located a 10-15 min walk from the railway station and all hotels (pdf).
Responsible, Chair EuroSDR Commission 3, Jon Arne Trollvik